Saturday, July 24, 2010

Jumping Into The Blogging World!

Blogs fascinate me!!  I've been reading them for a long time!   I'm also an unashamed "people watcher and eavesdropper" in airports, doctors offices, zoos, parks ..... any where there are people.   I love to know what others are doing, saying and thinking!!  So I've added blogs to my list of "people watching" opportunities.

When reading blogs I often thought "I would like to do that!!"  Quickly my next thought was ... "but I don't have anything to say!!"  The perfect opportunity came when my daughters, my sister in-law and I were planning our family reunion ... there was a lot to say about that! One thing led to another, time ran out.   The blog never materialized .... but thankfully the reunion did!

So, here I am still with the itch .... still thinking "I don't have enough to say about any one thing" .... BUT then I realized I do have a little to say about a lot of things  .... don't we all?

The title of my blog comes from my user name on Ravelry (a social network for knitters).  I made it mine because my knitting friends aren't the "old ladies" of our grandmother's time. We are "naughty" partly because we don't conform to the old stereotypes (other reasons are a subject for another post).  I enjoy knitting but I'm not an expert by any means!!  I might share some of my knitting projects here as well as other things I am enjoying doing these days.  I'm looking at this as a place to reflect on my interests, activities, challenges, concerns and joys of this season of my life ...

So, Welcome to my blog .... join me and let me know what you think .... just pretend we are sitting in my comfy living room in front of a fire sharing a glass of wine or two and talking!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you are doing this blog! Its a great way to know what is on your mind or, between when we can arrange ACTUAL fireside/wine chats! When you finish developing your bucket list, we will see how many of the items we can help you check off!

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

I somehow missed your opening post and I must say - we are two peas in a pod. I do the exact same thing with people... as much as 'people' annoy me with their thoughtless antics, they fascinate me as well. How funny is that!

Your blogging endeavor has been wonderful to read. Thank you so much for sharing... now where is my wine?